Granite and Quartz Countertop Maintenance is not only important for their aesthetic appeal, but also for their longevity. With proper care and maintenance, your countertops can last for many years to come. In this blog, Kowalski Granite & Quartz will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to maintain your granite and quartz countertops.
Granite countertops are an investment in your home, and with proper care, they can last a lifetime. Maintaining your granite surfaces is crucial to ensuring their longevity and aesthetic appeal. Here are some simple instructions to keep your granite countertops looking great.
- Clean your granite surfaces daily with warm soapy water: Use warm soapy water and a clean, soft cloth or sponge to wipe down your granite countertops every day. This will remove any dirt, dust or food debris that may have accumulated on the surface.
- Rinse and dry granite surfaces after cleaning: Always rinse your granite surfaces with clean water and dry them with a soft cloth after cleaning to prevent water spots.
- Use a clean, soft rag to maintain the characteristic gloss of your granite countertops regularly.
- Spills and stains should be blotted up immediately to prevent them from penetrating the surface of your granite countertops. Use coasters, trivets, cutting boards, and place mats to protect your countertops from hot pots and pans, acidic liquids, and other potentially damaging substances.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals like bleach, vinegar, or lemon juice, as well as cleaners that contain acid, like grout cleaners and bathroom cleaners. These substances can damage the sealant on your granite surfaces, leading to discoloration and etching.
- Never mix chemicals together unless directions specifically instruct you to do so. Mixing chemicals together can create toxic fumes that can be harmful to your health.
- Stay away from abrasive cleaners like scouring powders or creams can scratch the surface of your granite countertops, leading to permanent damage.
Quartz countertops are also an excellent investment for your home, and with proper care and maintenance, they can last a lifetime. Here are some simple instructions to keep your quartz countertops looking great.
- Wipe your quartz countertops with a clean, soft cloth or sponge soaked in mild dish soap and warm water every day to keep them clean.
- After wiping your quartz surfaces with mild dish soap and warm water, rinse them with clean water to remove any residue.
- After rinsing your quartz surfaces with clean water, dry them with a soft cloth or paper towel to prevent water spots.
Spill or Stain:
- Use a gentle, non-abrasive cleaner to remove any spills or stains on your quartz countertops.
- After using a gentle, non-abrasive cleaner, rinse your quartz surfaces with clean water and dry them thoroughly.
- For any hardened marks, use a plastic putty knife or non-abrasive Scotch-Brite pad to gently scrape the surface. Then use a damp cloth to help lift and remove any residual marks or stains.
- Use a wet sponge and a very light abrasive cleanser to very lightly scrub the area in a small circular motion to remove any scratches on your quartz countertops.
- Avoid abrasive cleansers, bleach cleansers, and cleansers with Pine Oil.
In conclusion, maintaining your granite and quartz countertops is essential to their longevity and aesthetic appeal. By following the simple instructions we have provided, you can keep your countertops looking great for years to come. If you have any questions or concerns about maintaining your granite or quartz countertops, reach out to Kowalski Granite & Quartz in Grand Haven, MI. Our team of experts is always available to assist you with your countertop maintenance needs. Contact us today to learn more about our countertop services.